Sometimes the best retreat is a quiet mind . . .
Mindful Focus - Quiet Space
We work on focusing the mind in a space of silence in order to listen for “signals” from a deeper source of wisdom and honor.
We reflect on how this source brings awareness and enlightenment in all of its variety and subtlety. And we learn to settle into an inner spiritual core in a space of mindfulness and peace.
Become a Peaceful Living Member!
The 7 Pillars of Peaceful Living
- settle into your clean, clear and quiet space
- prepare a clear, quiet and rested mind
- suspend thoughts of past and future (i.e. what happened yesterday, or what you think will happen (tomorrow)
- listen for an inner source of wisdom and compassion
- concentrate on creating a peaceful center and wanting that for your family, your friends, your community and the world
- contemplate, reflect and adjust your objectivity
- return to this space daily, living from this center of peace
We all do it! We wake up in the morning thinking about what we need to accomplish in the hours ahead of us. Or we mull over the details of what happened to us the day before - good and bad. It's the kids, or an ailing parent, or bills that need to get paid. It's an...
Does peace have a scent?
Scientists who have researched the effect of scents on the the brain and stress would say “yes”. in fact, “designers are beginning to apply research in ways that affect the experience users have within certain interior spaces. Scents have a strong effect on our experiences because they are processed when you breathe in the molecules of the oil or fragrance you are using. Some researchers have found that scents and smells stimulate certain parts of your brain influencing physical, emotional, and mental health.
I describe myself as spiritual and not religious. I practice yoga and meditation because it seems to settle and center me. I also tend to eat and sleep better. I like being at peace and relish my quiet times. I am in a job that can become extremely noisy during the...